Articles for Non-Lawyers

Will I be paid for my expenses to travel to an Independent Medical Examination? by Patricia Santucci

Travel expenses are only paid if you have to travel more than 50 kilometers to get to your appointment, and then only for the amount in excess of 50 kilometers. If you have suffered a catastrophic impairment, the 50 kilometer rule does not apply and your travel expenses are paid. (73)

Avatar Image | P. Santucci
About the Author Patricia Santucci

Patricia Santucci is a personal injury lawyer born and raised in Hamilton, Ontario. She holds several degrees having attended King’s College at the University of Western Ontario, McMaster University, earned a Master of Arts degree at the University of Windsor and an Ontario Teaching Degree from Teacher’s College as well as her Ontario Teaching Certificate. After graduating from the University of Alberta law school she was called to the bar in 2000. You can find Patricia on and LinkedIn or directly through this website