Articles for Non-Lawyers

What happens if I do not agree with my insurance company’s decision regarding my accident benefits? by Patricia Santucci

If your insurance company denies your claim for benefits, or cuts off your benefits, or if you disagree about the amount of the benefits that you do receive, you can access a dispute resolution service, which is provided by the Financial Services Commission (FSCO). FSCO is a government body and its dispute resolution services include mediation, neutral evaluation and arbitration with an internal appeals mechanism. An application for mediation can be obtained from your insurance company. For mediation inquiries, contact 1-800-517-2332 ext. 7210 (or 416-590-7210 in the Toronto area). For arbitration inquiries, contact 1-800-517-2332 ext. 7202 (or 416-590-7202 in the Toronto area). For appeal inquiries, contact 1-800-517-2332 ext. 7222 (or 416-590-7222 in the Toronto area). For more information, contact Santucci Personal Injury Law. Initial consultations are free. (75)

Avatar Image | P. Santucci
About the Author Patricia Santucci

Patricia Santucci is a personal injury lawyer born and raised in Hamilton, Ontario. She holds several degrees having attended King’s College at the University of Western Ontario, McMaster University, earned a Master of Arts degree at the University of Windsor and an Ontario Teaching Degree from Teacher’s College as well as her Ontario Teaching Certificate. After graduating from the University of Alberta law school she was called to the bar in 2000. You can find Patricia on and LinkedIn or directly through this website

Featured Article

Roger D. Yachetti April 14, 1940 – September 16, 2018 “Carve your name on hearts, not tombstones. A legacy is etched into the minds of others and the stories they share about you.” – Shannon Alder Inspiring people lead by example. Their passion, intelligence, and leadership reflected not just through their own achievements, but also […]

Read more