Articles for Non-Lawyers

Do I need a lawyer to assist me with completing the various forms in order to receive short term or long term disability benefits? by Patricia Santucci

No. You do not need a lawyer to complete the various forms required to receive short or long term disability benefits. However, a lawyer may be of assistance in helping you to complete the forms and more accurately describe your physical and psychological restrictions and limitations. In most cases, an insurance company has only these forms available to it when deciding on whether or not to pay you disability benefits. If the forms are not completed properly, your benefits may be delayed or even denied. For assistance, contact us. We are happy to help. (9)

Avatar Image | P. Santucci
About the Author Patricia Santucci

Patricia Santucci is a personal injury lawyer born and raised in Hamilton, Ontario. She holds several degrees having attended King’s College at the University of Western Ontario, McMaster University, earned a Master of Arts degree at the University of Windsor and an Ontario Teaching Degree from Teacher’s College as well as her Ontario Teaching Certificate. After graduating from the University of Alberta law school she was called to the bar in 2000. You can find Patricia on and LinkedIn or directly through this website